Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some wheels that are simulated bead locks with removal rings, wheels with removable rock rings or something similar. I don't like the rugged ridge wheel options, so not interested in their rock rings.

Also, would like to be at least 4.75" back spacing, prefer 5" or better.

I'm having a hard time finding wheels that have a removal ring. I like the Fuel Trophy wheels, but ring is not removable. I also like the AEV Salta wheel, but no ring. Please let me know of some wheels that fit this criteria.

Thanks,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
A 2nd set of rims and tires for the rocks would be my choice. Like beadlocks.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Bully Pro from discount. meets all your requested criteria. And in addition they have two valve stems (very handy when airing up and down) The rim is also designed to grip the bead better than conventional rims. They also come with eccentric rings and a Currie air down tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Email Bones (that is what he goes by) at OMF Performance and ask if they make a removable ring. He is awesome and so much help. He stuck with me for months while I decided on wheels and had some issues with backspacing. If nothing else, he may be able to direct you to somewhere that can help.

OMF Performance Products | Skid Plates, Beadlocks, Brackets, & Rims

Lisa

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bully Pro from discount. meets all your requested criteria. And in addition they have two valve stems (very handy when airing up and down) The rim is also designed to grip the bead better than conventional rims. They also come with eccentric rings and a Currie air down tool.
I second this. I love my set. Only problem being the rings don't allow water to drain so in the winter the tire can be thrown off balance due to ice and snow.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm looking for some wheels that are simulated bead locks with removal rings, wheels with removable rock rings or something similar. I don't like the rugged ridge wheel options, so not interested in their rock rings.

Also, would like to be at least 4.75" back spacing, prefer 5" or better.

I'm having a hard time finding wheels that have a removal ring. I like the Fuel Trophy wheels, but ring is not removable. I also like the AEV Salta wheel, but no ring. Please let me know of some wheels that fit this criteria.

Thanks,
Matt

AEV Borah

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I like the look of this wheel, don't like that there is no center cap, I tried finding some pictures of some with Center caps but no luck. The biggest thing is the offset is -12mm, which means back spacing is like ~4.5". Which is not the look I'm going for, I'd like my wheels tucked in a little more. Can you show me a picture of how much tire is sticking out past your fender flares? And what size tires are you running?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Mopar Beadlocks, that now come with the beadlook trim ring instead of the beadlock ring would also qualify. I personally love the look of them, and think they look better than the AEV Borah.

Everything you could want to know about them... http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/new-mopar-beadlock-wheels-1212137.html

I didn't know they we actually out, been talking about them for a while, I like the look of these wheels, not impressed with the price. But I'll add them to the list.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AEV Borah

I've tried to like them, just not my style especially for the price. They might make the maybe list.

·
Registered
129 Posts
There were a beautiful MB 11"s with removable ring, however they are Vision Nemesis, and i don like how they look now:
http://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/34317/8787/
also there are SOTA offroad wheels, they come with removable ring:
http://www.sotaoffroad.com/wheel/26218/ssd/#
i wouldnt recomend AEV Borah, sisnce they weight ~42lbs with ring, its like 7-15lbs more, depends on compering wheel.

And i think Fuel Anza/Trophy have removable ring, but not sure...

·
Registered
818 Posts
I didn't know they we actually out, been talking about them for a while, I like the look of these wheels, not impressed with the price. But I'll add them to the list.
Yeah, not super cheap. Some of the online Mopar retailers have them around $300/each, which is still pricey, but I'd consider it one of the nicer options. I've not seen one with a rock ring that is nicer. Plenty of options if you go full beadlock though, but most are going to be more expensive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There were a beautiful MB 11"s with removable ring, however they are Vision Nemesis, and i don like how they look now:

http://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/34317/8787/

also there are SOTA offroad wheels, they come with removable ring:

http://www.sotaoffroad.com/wheel/26218/ssd/#

i wouldnt recomend AEV Borah, sisnce they weight ~42lbs with ring, its like 7-15lbs more, depends on compering wheel.

And i think Fuel Anza/Trophy have removable ring, but not sure...

Those Sota's might work, they have a 0 offset in a 17" wheel. I'll have to look at them more later on my tablet rather than my phone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Those Sota's might work, they have a 0 offset in a 17" wheel. I'll have to look at them more later on my tablet rather than my phone.

but keep in mind that protection ring comes separately. Cheapest i found was $85/pcs.

·
Premium Member
9,565 Posts
I like the look of this wheel, don't like that there is no center cap, I tried finding some pictures of some with Center caps but no luck. The biggest thing is the offset is -12mm, which means back spacing is like ~4.5". Which is not the look I'm going for, I'd like my wheels tucked in a little more. Can you show me a picture of how much tire is sticking out past your fender flares? And what size tires are you running?

With 35 12.50r17's my tires stick out maybe 2 inches. But if you want to run that size tire you pretty much need 4.5 inches of back spacing so you don't rub on suspension parts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts