Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take off my Tcase drop soon, so would taking that off and putting on an SYE cut it alone or do I need a MML too? It looks like the PO might have put a lift on it but I can't tell how much, would measuring the Tcase drop spacers show me how much lift I have?

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you are using your stock skid plate no MML or BL is required with a SYE. If you want to do the belly up skid then the BL is required and the MML is highly recommended.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thomas302 said:
If you are using your stock skid plate no MML or BL is required with a SYE. If you want to do the belly up skid then the BL is required and the MML is highly recommended.
Thanks, and what is a BL?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,630 Posts
For the vast majority of Jeepers who don't install bellyup skid plates, you don't need a MML once you install a SYE and CV driveshaft. A SYE and CV driveshaft eliminate the need for a t-case drop and/or MML.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
For the vast majority of Jeepers who don't install bellyup skid plates, you don't need a MML once you install a SYE and CV driveshaft. A SYE and CV driveshaft eliminate the need for a t-case drop and/or MML.
Thanks, so do I need to pull the Tcase from the vehicle in order to remove the drop and install SYE? How hard is it to find the right driveshaft?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,630 Posts
The drop is easily removed when the t-case skid plate is dropped. No need to remove the t-case to install a SYE. Many, me included, feel it's a faster and easier job if you leave it bolted to the transmission and just remove the rear half of its case to install the SYE. That's how I did mine and how I would do another.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I also did my SYE with the tcase still in the jeep. I had a hell of a time removing the lock rings. Go get yourself a good set if lock ring pliers. Not the snap ring pliers with the nipples but for the lock rings. It will make it way easier.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I left my MML in after the DS change to a CV type just to keep the DS angle less which helps the coil spring mount flatter which keeps the rear springs straighter .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts