Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving home yesterday and my lower radiator hose blew! I replaced the hose and did a system flush. I added new coolant and distilled and was on my way. I finally made it home and when I came outside to leave again, I started my car and heard a growling... Turns out my power steering magically decided to just all of a sudden go bad. I went bought a new power steering pump, replaced my old one and no more growling. The bearing was bad.
It's finally nearing the end of the day and I head to a friends house. On the way there, I hear a hiss and pull over. Now it seems my core plugs/freeze plugs are spraying coolant. I get a ride to the store again, I buy new plugs and replace the front and back plugs. I fill the jeep up again w coolant and decided to just head home. I start my jeep and now my lights won't come on. I decided to drive home anyway and got pulled over after six blocks. Cop lets me go and I made it home. To end the day, I purchased a new headlight switch and now my lights work again......... What a sorry day but everything is taken care of. I'm glad I had friends that cared enough to help.

Here is a pic of my 13 year old core plug. The Brown stuff is bar stop leak from a few years ago and some rust but check out the hole!

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
That sounds like a very rough day.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My the Miller corporation smile upon you.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was one of the worst days I have had in a long time. I was already warn out and depressed about the core plugs but the headlight switch almost put me over the edge. I just couldn't believe it. What are the odds of so many bad things happening in one day. I have been on edge driving today but so far everything is working great!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts