Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what does everyone carry while going off road. I want to know all of the little secret and not so secret things you take with you for emergencies, repairs, whatever. Now is the time to let us know what you have in your bag and jeep. Also can anyone recommend which type of air inflation system works best for airing back up after airing down? There are so many types and some are very slow!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Shovel, axe, high lift, food, water, a pint of hooch, jacket, sunscreen, 2 quart oil, 5gal gas, emergency shelter, parachute flares, and my BOB. Kel tec SU-2000(4 mags), Glock 19(3 mags), lots of other small stuff.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Shovel, axe, high lift, food, water, a pint of hooch, jacket, sunscreen, 2 quart oil, 5gal gas, emergency shelter, parachute flares, and my BOB. Kel tec SU-2000(4 mags), Glock 19(3 mags), lots of other small stuff.
Damn, sounds like you could go camping at the drop of a hat..that's prepared,

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Impact wrench, CO2 canister with air hose, assorted sockets/ratchets/wrenches, breaker bar, and an assortment of screwdrivers.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Damn, sounds like you could go camping at the drop of a hat..that's prepared,
I got into prepping about 10 years ago... I usually can homestead wherever I breakdown.
My kids do a 2 day survival hike for their 10th B-days. They love it. All my kids can purify water, make fire without matches, eat and build temporary shelter by the time they go to 6th grade. All this with only what they wear, a knife and other things they carry with them. I have their friends parents dropping them off and wanting me to teach them too.
My jeep is definitely a symptom of my sickness. I had front row seats to the fall of the former Yugo republics, wasn't pretty. Since then I make sure me and my family have our shit together.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Impact wrench, CO2 canister with air hose, assorted sockets/ratchets/wrenches, breaker bar, and an assortment of screwdrivers.
You like that CO2 stuff? I've never tried it, looks like a great idea for the Jeep though.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
CO2 works nicely for airing up my tires in an expedited manner. Costs about $20 to fill the tank.
I have a CO2 system at work, what fitting do those use?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Fire extinguisher, Ax, shovel, Hi-lift jack, hydraulic bottle jack, Viair 400P, Bow saw, various hand tools ie wrenches sockets etc, maps, cell phone (usually out of range tho) are some of the basics that I always carry. I have been using a cheaper compressor but it just was not reliable enough for off road so got the Viair 400P it works great.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Power Tank

I just got my Powertank from power tank and their chart says you can refill or add 20 lb to 20 tires size 33x12.50x15.if you go to there web site they have a chart clear down at the bottom of their site.I got the 20 lb tank and I must say it looks ---king great hanging on my roll bar..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ahhh the drawbacks of NJ. If I had just one of those firearms in my Jeep and was caught with it, I'd be in jail.
Your list has me thinking of adding more stuff to take with me. I'm already carrying oil, coolant and PS fluid along with a bunch of hand tools and my rods if I decided to go surf fishing. Any chance you have some pictures of how and where you're storing all this?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yes, x2 for pics. I am going to start carrying much more after reading these lists.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I have a soft sided tool bag that I always carry with me on the trail, but I keep adding to it, and it now weighs a ton! I am going to have to thin it out a bit. A couple things that will never come out of the bag is a 32mm socket and a 12pt 13mm socket in case I break a front shaft/joint. They have been borrowed on the trail, but I have not had to use them yet.

And the usual stuff people have already mentioned. Shovel, axe, water, first aid kit, fire ext., skeeter spray, off road spill kit, blanket, maps, dust masks, recovery gear, air compressor, tire deflater and gauge, extra lug nuts valve stems and cores, etc. etc.

I know there is more junk I am forgetting

·
Registered
952 Posts
This... Plus tent, 5 gal fuel, hilift jack, wheel chocks, fire extinguisher, first aid bag, 2 tool boxes, my BOB, flashlights, kurki, lantern, duel fuel grill, change of clothes, sleeping bag, backpack, water, tow straps, chain, diaper bag for kids...Just the basics :)

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I'm guessing to all have your back seats out and the back is full of this stuff.
Most of the time yes, no back seat. But many times I have had the back seat in, and can get it all to fit.

Only when the daughter goes with us on trips, but it happens less and less. She's almost driving now, and teenage girls have much more important things to do than go Jeep camping with Mom & Dad.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
XDs 45 sog hatchet food beer pocket mash and medical kit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts