Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of new here, I saw the wave or flipped off thread closed. The reason was to keep it clean I think. So what does that mean you want just 1 thread on the wave. But 9990 on lifts or tires. Out of 287 pages on this forum there not 1 page that lifts are not on that page 4-5 times same as which tires. Don't shoot me for asking I'm just asking why?:hide:

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I think it more about avoiding arguments or having a thread stay within the guidelines. Generally they will give a reason why a thread is locked.

·
Super Moderator
53,783 Posts
mcgee10 said:
Kind of new here, I saw the wave or flipped off thread closed. The reason was to keep it clean I think. So what does that mean you want just 1 thread on the wave. But 9990 on lifts or tires. Out of 287 pages on this forum there not 1 page that lifts are not on that page 4-5 times same as which tires. Don't shoot me for asking I'm just asking why?:hide:
They turn into flame fest. Usually Jk vs the rest or jk vs jku you know the fake jeeps ?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Maybe because its a silly topic that doesn't serve a practical purpose. Although there are several suspension and tire threads, each offers an opportunity to discuss practical topics that we can actually use. IMO, Having 1 "Wave" thread is useless to begin with.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Part of the reason is this is the JK Tech thread and the wave threads are general discussion for the General discussion thread. We do seem to go off topic in the Tech forum because many are Jeeper friends here and some of those threads are left because we talk mainly here but wave threads tend to be posted a lot and so they like it in the general topic area of the forum. Tire and lift discussions are part of the Tech Forum

·
Registered
518 Posts
So then why is it ok for us to have 239487293874 lift threads, but we now have one gigantic ass lighting thread that's so complicated and convoluted that it's impossible to find anything in it with relative ease?

Talk about backward ass logic.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Because this forum isn't a democracy and they can do whatever the hell they want.

Short of that, waving isn't important, or individual specific. You can discuss waving in one thread. People looking for help on lifts that couldn't be found through the search function usually post a new thread, for help on their individual questions. believe it or not the point of a forum is to have controlled chaos, but allow people to post pretty much what they want. The wave thing is just the forum putting its foot down and trying to do some housekeeping. I don't see the issue.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Because this forum isn't a democracy and they can do whatever the hell they want.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually did laugh out loud.
Best case of pointing out the obvious I've heard in a while.

:thumb:

·
Registered
995 Posts
:rofl::rofl:

This ain't Burger King: You can't have it your way

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
fake jeeps...

dang it you guys now this thread is going to get closed :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
fake jeeps...

dang it you guys now this thread is going to get closed :)

Here is a fake Jeep.

First one to spot the glaring problem wins bragging rights

·
Registered
995 Posts

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Lets combine them. How about a lifted wave thread? Or a smaller diameter wave is better than a larger diameter wave. :D
That right there is funny! :rofl:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys for the good answers and for those of you that had to get, you know. I'll be reading more of your post in the what windshield washer solution to use.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.