Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. was just curious if there is anywhere i can buy console parts for me 2011 jk sport. I am planning on putting in some rocker switches but i am only whiling to drill into the console if i know it can be replaced. It can be near the shifter or center arm rest etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Check out the Quadratec Catalog or on line.....They have all kinds of console and switch assemblies for the console.... "BH"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only problem i have with the daystar switches is that they seem to only be 2 position (on off) I need 1 or 2 switches to be 3 position (on off on)

Hmm.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would you need a 3 position switch?
I had aux backup lights on my HMMWV that were on, off, on (only while in reverse). Good for offroad events at night.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
I had aux backup lights on my HMMWV that were on, off, on (only while in reverse). Good for offroad events at night.
Now that makes sense. I will be installing the ACE rear bumper/carrier with lights and thought that it would be nice to have them ON when in reverse automatically, but also be switched ON/OFF when needed. Any ideas on how to do that??

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I controlled the lights off a relay. The relay's coil was energized by 12v (on) or by tapping the wire going to the rear brake lights. I used a Dodge Ram diesel's harness (not the HMMWV's) and a volt/ohm meter to find it.

I'm sure there is a way to do this with the Jeep harness, thought it might involve a diode and/or capacitor. Not unlike doing domething with the fog lamps.

It worked well. We had an offroad challenge that involved night driving on dirt trails and in the woods looking for X's painted on trees. All done by GPS coordinates in pitch dark conditions. You had to recreate the photo's, with your truck in the foreground, the X in the background. Difficult to do without high aux reverse lights.

Even with the lights, we backed into our share of trees that night.

So current for the lights go through the relay. Always on is for using the rear winch, work, or recovery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts