Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i´ve some tainted windows and can´t see very much when i drive backwards. that´s why i bough some 65W front fog lights that i want to install as backup lights instead of my 21W backup lights on my rear bumper.
now i want to know what´s the best way to get some wires from the front to the back?
for 2x 65W the stcok back up light wires are much to small i think.

thanks in advance for your answer.

nicolas-eric

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have my cb ant. wire running along my brake lines.or you can run them under the carpet but you will have to drill a hole in the floor in the back

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i will put them under the carpet.
any other ideas?
where are the stock wires that go to the stock rear lights? is there a wiring plan available in the net...?

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I wired up my reverse lights, i ran them inside the padding on the roll bars. then down into the rear panel and through a grommet where the factory light wires come out. just pull off the brake light and look inside for the wires. it was very clean. HTH.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I ran wires under my carpet also just be careful they dont get pinched by the back seat

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I believe it is on the drivers side, that already has a wiring harness run, from the firewall, to the tailgate. It is underneath the edge of your door, and there is a lip in metal, all the way to the rear. This is where I ran my rock lights, on the back of our Jeep. You can also remove one of the taillights, and clip on to the reverse light, wire, and hook your fog lights to that. That way, everytime you put it in reverse, your fog lights come on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you feel under the lip by the back window on the driver's side, you will feel a wiring harness. It goes from the firewall to the tailgate. Once you get to the tailgate, lift up the carpet in the corner on top of the wheel well and you'll see a rubber gromet. You can cut a little hole in that and run wires from inside the Jeep to outside the Jeep. The wire will come out right where the bend is in the back corner of the Jeep. I have my CB antenna run that way. You only see about 1-2" of cable outside.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just finished my cb install, theres a plug on the drivers side, about six inches in from the tailgate. If you run the wires under the carpet, along the top-near the rear seat, they wont get pinched. Run the wires from the bumper through the plastic panel in the rear fender well, and your set. No permanent holes and you cant see it, even if your looking. If you want pics go to the comm forum and hit up my writeup putting a cb in my tj. Hope it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts