Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this place where it's unposted and dirt trails. There's no where that says no motor vehicles or no trespassing. Am I allowed to wheel on it?

·
Registered
693 Posts
It could still be private property. "No Trespassing" signs are put up to deter people from entering private property and to mark boundaries, but not all localities require such signs as a warning.

When you off-road, you represent the off-roading community. It is up to you to make sure you obey local laws and respect private property. If in doubt, and you can't verify public access to the land, don't wheel there.

·
Registered
725 Posts
It could still be private property. "No Trespassing" signs are put up to deter people from entering private property and to mark boundaries, but not all localities require such signs as a warning.

When you off-road, you represent the off-roading community. It is up to you to make sure you obey local laws and respect private property. If in doubt, and you can't verify public access to the land, don't wheel there.
X2... most county seats can tell you who owns what property and where it is located. WHEN IN DOUBT, ALWASY ASK FOR PERMISSION!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
It still could be privet land. Do some research on it, who knows... you may be able to ride there? How large of a place is it?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sorry man but it sounds pretty simple to me. You dont own the land and you dont have permission. DONT wheel there, end of question.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm getting a lot of tension from a few people. It was just a question, obviously I know if I'm not supposed to ride there and everyone knows then I wouldn't even bother asking, this was a question based on a non posted, non private and locally known public woodsy kind of land. The trails all have quad and truck tires on them, I just didn't know if it would cause any trouble. Sorry for the stupid question okay

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
My dad always told me that ignorance was no excuse for the law. Just because it isn't posted doesn't mean that you are allowed on it.

My land isn't posted, but if I catch you out there tearing it up, don't be surprised if you need a trip to the E.R. to have them dig some buckshot out of your ass. Just Sayin'.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Again. Sorry to anyone I offended. I was just curious
you didn't offended anyone. The others were trying to tell you to be sure its okay to ride there. Yes others might have, but its always better to find out, vs the police showing up and asking what your doing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm getting a lot of tension from a few people. It was just a question, obviously I know if I'm not supposed to ride there and everyone knows then I wouldn't even bother asking, this was a question based on a non posted, non private and locally known public woodsy kind of land. The trails all have quad and truck tires on them, I just didn't know if it would cause any trouble. Sorry for the stupid question okay
I think it was smarter to ask here than just go off and trash some land you don't know about. If you are smart about it and don't mess up the roads, or destroy anything, and clean up after yourself, then most local cops will just ask you to leave if your not supposed to be there. Ask for trouble and you will get it. Also dont go telling all your "friends" who may mess it up for you. It's not your land but if there's already a trail and the only thing you leave is tread marks, I wouldn't be mad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know that it's not any specific persons land. I think it is a club that provides it for fishermen and people that want to go in the woods. And there is snow mobiles allowed there in the winter.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
it says: "if you can read this you're in range" I think it's funny an effective
Thank you, yup that's awesome, I want that!!!! Like others have said, just because it ain't posted doesn't mean you won't take the chance of getting shot, mine isn't posted either and I have a mud run but if I see anyone on it without permission I have a German sks or a 30-30 or a 12ga or a........... You get the point! Be careful where you do your off-roading!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts