Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Off Road Expo this weekend and my wife bought me a Candy Blue 10 lb. Powertank with the liquid filled 60 psi gage. Now I need to mount it. She got me the sheet metal mount but not the roll bar mounts. How did you guys mount yours. Some pics would be nice.
Thanks
Bob

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
I don't mount mine, I just position it where it can't move around.

You'll soon figure out that pressure gauge is just eye candy since it will show the same pressure until the tank is just about empty. In other words it'll show full until just before it runs out of C02.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
Nice, enjoy that new tank. Depending on your tire size, it should be able to refill all four tires probably five times before it needs refilling.

Don't get too attached to that shiny new tank, most shops that refill C02 tanks will only swap tanks with you. It's hard to find shops that will actually refill your tank, I haven't found one anywhere close by to me that does, they just ship them to a central refilling facility that rotates the stock of tanks for them. Just make sure if you finally allow your tank to be swapped that they give you an aluminum tank, those steel tanks are just too danged heavy.

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I lucked out and have a large Praxair central station only 4 miles from home. 25 bucks and a smile and I was on my way.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I mounted mine in the rear on the passenger side of the vehicle, directly in front of the tailgate. I'm not sure what kind of bracket you have, but I have one similar to this:

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*CO2 & Nitrogen Kits*::*Poly Performance CO2 & Nitrogen Kits*::*CO2 Mount - 4X4 Off-Road Parts, JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CNC Brakes, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Pi

It bolts to/through the sheet metal and then has clamps for the tank. I used a handful of the nutserts Gerald from Savvy had sent me for another project to secure the bracket; they're the same things you would use to install their sliders, corner armor, etc:

Nutsert Tool

I wish I had a pic to show you, but I'm sure you can visualize it. If not I can snap one tonight. It works well in that position. With a small coiled hose I can reach all four tires without removing the tank, or I can easily unlatch and pull out the tank pretty easily since it's back near the gate. Works well for me, and I can still get the back seat in if necessary without having to bother with removing the bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts