Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just bought a 2007 sahara 4d, and really looking forward to getting some mods. Donno where to start, and not good at working on cars so wanna start to learn and get into it. ty

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hey all just bought a 2007 sahara 4d, and really looking forward to getting some mods. Donno where to start, and not good at working on cars so wanna start to learn and get into it. ty
I know you want mods. Everybody on here wants mods...that's why the vast majority of us are here. Without mods, this place would be a graveyard. But, best advice I can give you, is drive your Jeep for awhile, exactly as you plan to use it. It'll do things off-road, dead stock, that most other 4x4's can only dream of.

Benefits: you'll learn how it works, what its strengths and weaknesses are, and therefore be much better equipped to address what you want addressed.

Now, in all reality, in our now-now-now age, do I expect you to do that? Nah.

So, my fallback, secondary advice is, do your homework. Research till you're sick of it, and your click-finger is blue from working your mouse. Pretty much the best way to keep yourself from causing more problems than the mods would be worth.

Some starter threads:

Largest tire on stock JK? Here's your answer!

JK Lift Reviews

What Happens to Your OEM Driveshaft When You Put a 3"+ Lift on Your Jeep

Diagnosing Death Wobble and Fixing Non-DW Shimmies and Wobbles

The Importance of changing out stock bolts!!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
We need some more info and a pic. Is it a daily driver? Do you plan on going off-road? What kind of stereo is in it? Hard or softtop? Do you need lockable storage

Oh and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ty lots guys, will do the research.
I work in West Africa so gonna ship it over there, will get some pics in the am, in and out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts