Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just few months ago i purchased a 99' wrangler 2.5L and i would like to build it up and i don't know were to start. Right now the tires are completely bald and need to be replaced, i have found a set and am ordering them in a few days. does anyone have a suggestion on what i should do next?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
lift:D

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
learn to drive 1st.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
x2

Don't go doing a bunch of stuff you don't need just because everyone recommends them. Drive it and read this forum. You will soon discover what you think would suit your situation best. Do it once, do it right or do it over.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,072 Posts
What size tires? Unlifted, your Jeep can only handle 31x10.50 tires at the largest. What would you LIKE to do with your new Jeep so far as building it up goes and what kind of offroading would you like to do?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
what kina of trail do you want to do
mud rocks, both
dirt roads
lumber roads
mall crawler

it would help for us to know becasue different kind of offroading calls for dofferent things

but a 2" spacer lift, 32's, and a wedler is what i would recommend, then you can make your own aromour and fix ur own stuff if it breaks, and itis very handy

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i ordered 31x10.5 inch tires and planned on getting a 2 inch budget boost. most of my offroading is going to be mud and rocks. i would like to add some performance to my engine, any suggestions?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,072 Posts
i ordered 31x10.5 inch tires and planned on getting a 2 inch budget boost. most of my offroading is going to be mud and rocks. i would like to add some performance to my engine, any suggestions?
With your 2" budget boost coming soon, I would go with 32" tires to take advantage of the extra clearance from the 2" BB.

There is no such thing as cheap or easy HP gains for the TJ engine. The only realistic way to restore power lost from running bigger tires is to regear both axles to the ratio appropriate for your tire size and transmission type. Yes regearing is not cheap but it's effective, something you can't say about typical aftermarket air intakes and air filters, throttle body spacers, and similar gimmicks that only make your wallet breathe a little more easily from not having as much $$$ stuffed into it. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts