Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok like a lot of you I have added switches in my Jeep. I have OTRATTW switches, and want to tie into the interior lights so these switches dim with the rest of them. In a 2012 JK where to I pull my hot and ground to connect the switches safely with the CAN wiring?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I posted a week or so ago on the location I used for my 2011. Search A-pillar dimmer wire location

I found the orange/grey stripped wire in a wire loom right behind the inside kick panel on the drivers side

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
We used the 12v in the console to auto off everything on switches with the lights with a 12v adapter thingie from Quadratec.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I found the orange/grey stripped wire in a wire loom right behind the inside kick panel on the drivers side
Yep. I think I posted in that thread as well. I'd use a 1N4001 diode from RadioShack to prevent back-feeding signals to the CANBUS.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
God this is why I love these forums thanks. I will look into this. Having power windows that might be the way to go. I like the diode thought. Will need to add that. What method of splicing in to the wires is safest? Peel back the plastic and solder in?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We used the 12v in the console to auto off everything on switches with the lights with a 12v adapter thingie from Quadratec.
Thanks I already have this to turn on my relays with the jeep. I want to not have the switches on if the interior lights are off.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts