Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to get my 2 door Sahara in 4-6 weeks but I'm trying to plan for it. I have a typical 2 car garage so I have some room in there but what do you do with your doors?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Lean em against the garage wall on top of some cardboard and run some bungee cords to two eye bolts in the wall to "secure" them from falling. I'm lazy...many better more thought out solutions others will offer I'm sure. Congrats on the jeep !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought rubber Coated hooks from lowes and hang one above the other on the wall. Sorry, no pics on the phone but can take one if needed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
On our dining room floor leaning up against the wall. It gets a bit crowded with doors for 2 jku's plus 2 race bikes and race wheels. More of a storage room than a dining room really.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I put up 3 or 4 Rubbermain Fasttrack rails in combination with the multi-purpose hooks about a three feet up off of the floor. Minimal lifting plus it makes for a pretty easy transition between my full doors and the tube doors I like to run in the Summer. I use 2 hooks per door which easily supports each door's weight.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ace Engineering door hangers

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lean em against the garage wall on top of some cardboard and run some bungee cords to two eye bolts in the wall to "secure" them from falling. I'm lazy...many better more thought out solutions others will offer I'm sure. Congrats on the jeep !!
I sort of do this as well. I have my hardtop standing in the storage closet in my garage, and I lean the doors underneath that. All are on cardboard.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm too risk averse to lean them up against anything. I'm also unwilling to risk damaging the weatherstripping around the window by hanging them on a hook. I lay them out on some packing blankets in the garage and just let them take up a bunch of space. The wall hangers on qtec that hang the doors by the hinges are definitely not he project/investment list though.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Brackets from Lowe's or Home Depot, easy on and off.

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I Bought the kobalt k-rail system and have the doors hung from that. Since the front doors weigh 62 pounds each I used two of the hanging brackets per door as they are rated for 50 pounds each.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts