Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am just curious as to where I should sell my Wrangler soft top? I live in MA, and I don't know if there are any places that I could bring it to, in order to sell it on the spot? Its a Bestop Trektop NX Plus Soft Top for a 4-door JK.

Any and all responses are appreciated, thanks

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
I would start here on the forum first. Have done a few sales here without issues!! But you could also use Facebook market, Let Go,or similar apps which are pretty good. I have bought and sold numerous items on Facebook market place. 3 soft tops included..

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am just curious as to where I should sell my Wrangler soft top? I live in MA, and I don't know if there are any places that I could bring it to, in order to sell it on the spot? Its a Bestop Trektop NX Plus Soft Top for a 4-door JK.

Any and all responses are appreciated, thanks
Craigslist, local Jeep club forums, Facebook marketplace, other Jeep forums (like this one!)

Could also try apps like offerup and letgo.

Basically, the same way you'd try to sell anything else locally.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah im gonna try facebook marketplace. I have already put a post up on let go with no luck. I'm gonna try on here, but I dont have access to the classifieds yet

·
Registered
623 Posts
Craigslist. It's where I bought mine. I watch prices and as you'd expect, you get the clowns who want $2k and their top will sit in an ad until the end of time. Mine was part of the dual top package, so the deluxe top and included all of the parts and screws and hardware for a 4 door. I paid $450 and made sure I knew every piece needed. I would think if yours is of equal quality with all the pieces for someone who only has a hard top, you'd get that pretty easily. If 2 door...less. If just the top without the pieces, significantly less.

I'm in metrowest and bought my top from a seller in Worcester.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I too would recommend CraigsList. Selling here is good but the buyers are from all over the country so shipping becomes an issue. With CraigsList you can tailor your ad to the Metrowest Boston area where you are located and most folks won't have an issue driving 20 or 30 miles to make a purchase.

Price and condition will be the key factors. If you price it close to online new prices then you will most likely keep it. If it is ripped or damaged then you will also see fewer takers.

I typically don't look at used items unless they are around half price. Too close to online asking prices and one is better off buying new and having either a warranty or at least a CS department to deal with in case of issues.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,884 Posts
If it were me, I'd wait until spring to sell it. Far fewer soft top buyers in the winter and they aren't willing to pay as much as they will in the spring. In the spring everyone wants to feel the wind in their hair and the sun on their cheeks. In the winter, everyone with a soft top is freezing their nutz off.

BTW, advertise it in Craiglist in your city and other cities they serve within 2-3 ours of your house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts