Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tiny told me I had to add pictures a while back. This is where I am with my rebuild currently. The Jeep sat for a few years and it had one of the biggest mouse nests I have ever seen. Take a look at the 3rd picture.

Then engine will be rebuilt and put into this.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Very cool :D We need more CJs and yes, pictures are always a plus (am I that pushy?). Keep us posted........ and I hope you built that poor mouse another home :p

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I have no idea what I'm looking at?!?! But I'm glad you know what you're doing!

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Lookin good Badge. Mice can be so inconsiderate sometimes. :D

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
mice suck:flipoff:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The grey one is a newer frame. The other one is way beyond help. It would be all patch and nothing original if I were to reuse it.

No to building the mouse a new home. It appears that he is long gone. On the bright side, if I need a wig I think I have the starting of one.

That is the transmission bellhousing and clutch pack.

Tiny you are not to pushy. I was just scared and thought I would not anger you.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
I do tend to hulk up when I'm angry... to almost 5'2" :D

Did you just come across this jeep or has it been hanging about your yard?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually bought it about 2 years ago and it had been sitting for a while before that. Not sure when the mouse lived there but I see the reminders.

By the way 5'2", your name fits you. I am a little over 6' so I think I am scared now.
:eek:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not gotten a tub yet since up until recently I did not have anywhere to keep anything that was out of the weather. Now that I do if I run across something that is in good shape and at a good price I would be more inclined to pick it up. I still have a lot of work to do before I get to that point. My next step is to get the axles attached to the frame and I have a few things to do to get to that point. I also need to get a locker for the rear so when it is all rebuild and rebearinged then I can put it all together at once.
As for the tub I think I will get a YJ tub, make a few modifications and then use what I have for the front of a CJ. Most of the rest of it will be a CJ so I might as well stay with that setup. I will add more pictures as I go but I don't have a lot of time to work on it so the progress is going to be slow. I have already had it for 2 years and you see how far I have gotten.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing much. Picked up a true track locker and then I had to take some time off to try and get in shape for a bike ride. I think I am a glutton for punishment. I am planning on getting the locker in once I get all the bearings for the differentials replaced and everything cleaned out. Trying to work on this in between two jobs, trying to get in a shape other than round and working on remodeling a house everything goes slow. I will post when more is done.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Sounds like you need another project or two. Tiny does pottery, you interested in getting into that?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I will keep my hands off of Tiny's jugs or any other type of pottery. Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just to let everyone know I have already spent about $3k and the above pictures are all the further I have gotten. This is getting to be expensive

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Still, it's cool that you're doing it and I'm itchin' to see the whole process. (I'm just not going to comment on the previous post, jeeze :p)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks. That is kind of what I figured.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
and make sure u do it

the last 1 or 2k will be painful, but think about all the $$$ you already put into it, its not worth it to just leave the details off and then have it still looks bad, make sure you go all the way if ypur gonna do a frame off and spend all the time and money

1 - 20 of 122 Posts