Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that I have my Jeep, I have this urge to take it offroad :) I live in northern NJ and was wondering if anyone knew a good place to do some entry level wheeling? Nothing too crazy, but I would like to at least try to take my vehicle offroad :)

Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
It's been 15+ years since I lived in New Jersey, but the Pine Barrens in central NJ have miles and miles of trails. It's pretty flat. Lots of sand and there's mud if you want to drive through that too. I wouldn't go alone out there. There's gotta be some trails in the Poconos too. But in New Jersey, most of the wheeling is done in the Pine Barrens/Wharton State Forest. It's a neat area and huge. You can get lost out there. Bring a GPS and don't go alone.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Buttermilk falls in sussex county is very mild. Where in jersey are you from?
2nd this and also for an easy but nice trail the top of Hamburg mountain. Trails lead to a summer cabin grounds to the west and the top of Mountain Creek Ski resort to the east

·
Registered
480 Posts
Anybody know good Mod ship in Northern NJ
I'm planning to lift my Jeep in few weeks.
If it were my jeep I'd go down to south jersey to Liquid Iron Industries.

As far as wheeling in North Jersey it's pretty scarce or illegal. I've hit some trails up in the West Milford area in the past, but really wouldn't remember how to get there as I with with a buddy who grew up there. I've spent more time down in the pine barrons tho. It's mild wheeling and all sandy trails. As the others said definitely don't go alone. We've ended up in the absolute middle of nowhere before and thank god we kept track of where we were going.

Or, take it about 3 hours west to Rausch Creek Offroad park in PA. They have entry level four wheeling classes and tons of trails for stock jeeps. $35 for the day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2nd this and also for an easy but nice trail the top of Hamburg mountain. Trails lead to a summer cabin grounds to the west and the top of Mountain Creek Ski resort to the east
like how easy? Lots of mud or rock? I have a renegade and wouldn't mind trying some off-roading.

·
Registered
429 Posts
like how easy? Lots of mud or rock? I have a renegade and wouldn't mind trying some off-roading.
You won't have any issues. Depending on the weather, it can be a little muddy but nothing terrible. Pretty flat, just a little bumpy here n there. They may close some of the roads up during the winter though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You won't have any issues. Depending on the weather, it can be a little muddy but nothing terrible. Pretty flat, just a little bumpy here n there. They may close some of the roads up during the winter though.
thanks, sounds like it should be fine. I've never been there, obviously, are the off-road spots different from the hiking trails?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts