Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the AC drain located on a 2012 Jeep Wrangler?

I've been getting water in both driver and passenger side footwells and wanted to make sure the AC drain was working properly before going further.

Please note: It's probably a good bet it's the AC drain as I haven't washed the Jeep and it hasn't rained since I dried out the footwells. I did run the AC during that time and the moisture is back.

Thanks...

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
On the engine side of the firewall, down low. Driver's side above the transmission where the firewall meets the tub. Tube sticking out.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
:thumb: That's what we are here for. Helping each other out.

Reactions: dmulk

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Thanks for the pic, I was going to look into this soon as it's warming up finally. On the TJ I extended the outlet with a piece of hose to keep it from having issues, does the new JKU (2012+) look like it will have issues with blow back or leaking back into the body?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I discovered this tread and I've been having a liquid draining from the ac drain pipe. Any ideas on how to fix it??

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi, I discovered this tread and I've been having a liquid draining from the ac drain pipe. Any ideas on how to fix it??
Unless your AC isn't blowing cold anymore it's probably just condensation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Five years after OP....was on the trail today when I noticed the tranny dripping something around the seal. I freaked because I had just bottomed out but it was only clay. Temps and pressures all checked out and then got under it at home and saw the drain tube. I didn't even think about it being the A/C since I almost never run it (SoCal local here).

·
Registered
6 Posts
lost.. ac drip tube

thanks for the info, I checked that area out the other day but was on my back laying on the ground and did not see it. I will try to get it on a rack and recheck. I found the one on my granddaughter 2013 and thought the 2010 would be in same area but I cant see it!!! Keep looking I suppose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts