Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering where people have mounted their cb radios? Has anyone mounted it above the mirror?
Anyone have pictures?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Tj? JK? YJ?

I have an 11 JK and I have mine mounted above the rear view mirror. Just screwed straight to the trim and ran all the wires under trim, and antennae wire through rollbar padding. Very clean look and speaker is easy to hear up there

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
moscoeb said:
Tj? JK? YJ?

I have an 11 JK and I have mine mounted above the rear view mirror. Just screwed straight to the trim and ran all the wires under trim, and antennae wire through rollbar padding. Very clean look and speaker is easy to hear up there
Pics?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm at work today, jeep is at home. So it will have to be tomorrow at the earliest. Remind me if I don't post in a few days!!

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
Home made mount above the rear veiw mirror.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
blkrubi88 said:
Home made mount above the rear veiw mirror.
What parts did you use?? Im going to go the same route but with the cobra 29

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
What parts did you use?? Im going to go the same route but with the cobra 29
Just a piece of 16 guage flat steel from Lowe's, bent and screwed to the windshield frame, and then I cut a slot into the trim so it would go back on.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
blkrubi88 said:
Just a piece of 16 guage flat steel from Lowe's, bent and screwed to the windshield frame, and then I cut a slot into the trim so it would go back on.
Ah ok see i hate chipping paint ect. Im gonna try the footmans loop for the hardtop

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Mine:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Cool. If ya need a parts list let me know. Tip: Where the CB touches the plastic windshield liner, put velcro or a thick bit of cloth or something in between to prevent sqeeking.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Cool. If ya need a parts list let me know. Tip: Where the CB touches the plastic windshield liner, put velcro or a thick bit of cloth or something in between to prevent sqeeking.
a parts list would be awesome man if you dont mind

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
a parts list would be awesome man if you dont mind
Everything can be had at Home Depot for a few bucks.

3/8" insulated clips in the electronics section

3/8" #10 pack of nuts and bolts - hardware section

1" L-brackets - in the hook and bracket section

Just tap a new hole on the CB bracket and go from there.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Everything can be had at Home Depot for a few bucks.

3/8" insulated clips in the electronics section

3/8" #10 pack of nuts and bolts - hardware section

1" L-brackets - in the hook and bracket section

Just tap a new hole on the CB bracket and go from there.
awesome man i appreciate it! ill be stopping at home depot soon then lol.

Any problems you ran into? is it hard to latch the hardtop down there? Does it seem out of place there as in does it stick out to much?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
No problems with the latch - you just can't close it all the way. It still works as designed, however. The radio does not stick out too far, it is in perfect reach while driving.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
No problems with the latch - you just can't close it all the way. It still works as designed, however. The radio does not stick out too far, it is in perfect reach while driving.
thanks man thats great news!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Tip for ya: run the coax under roll bar padding. Takes just a few minutes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine is mounted in front of my gear stick. Hard to see in this pic, will take a better one later, but the trim is trimmed a little. Fits in perfectly!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts