Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. Im a newbie to making mods and was just wondering where you guys go to check out and buy side steps? Do you just use Quadratec or are there some other websites as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Went to my local store. They were able to order Ace sliders and they came in the next day from a distributor. Same price as online, $395 for JKU.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
amazon is another good place...got my side steps from there

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess part of what im looking for is a good website where I can see alot of options available. This way I can look and compare all the options.

Ive been using Quadratec but was wondering if there was something better that you guys use.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I guess part of what im looking for is a good website where I can see alot of options available. This way I can look and compare all the options.

Ive been using Quadratec but was wondering if there was something better that you guys use.
Are you really looking for a side step or a rock rail? That will really narrow your choices quickly if you choose the former.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If you don't plan on wheeling it, then you can go with the side-steps. If you are going to wheel, then you will need sliders/rails, that double as steps. Anyway, look through the vendors section of the forum, http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/. There is also a list them of them at the top of the page, right under the sign-in.

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
Ditto on the rock rails vs side steps. You can buy either on Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, as well as the 4X4 online retailers like Quadratec and 4WD.

For just perusing all different kinds, though, nothing matches taking with you a printed Quadratec or Extreme Terrain catalog to the cr*pper :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Agree. Do you want side steps or rails? That decision comes first. I went with factory side steps because they are a better step for the wife, act as a splash guard which keeps the mud down and don't look bad. If you go that route, I got mine off a dealer in TX on ebay, free shipping, for half what my dealer wanted. Took me and the wife 30 minutes to install as they are just bolt on.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ditto on the rock rails vs side steps. You can buy either on Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, as well as the 4X4 online retailers like Quadratec and 4WD.

For just perusing all different kinds, though, nothing matches taking with you a printed Quadratec or Extreme Terrain catalog to the cr*pper :D

Now thats what I need! haha how do I get my hands on a printed copy?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got my side steps on Craigslist $150.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts