Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think thats what its called, the nut for the front end of the rear lower control arm. Some how I busted off the metal 'flag' that keeps it from spinning. I would like to replace it, anyone know where I can find one, cheap

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think thats what its called, the nut for the front end of the rear lower control arm. Some how I busted off the metal 'flag' that keeps it from spinning. I would like to replace it, anyone know where I can find one, cheap
A cam bolt? Flat on one side? I got rid of mine. Just have a regular bolt in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Only place I have seen them is dealer. You could tack weld a flag on but have to be careful not to warp nut

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have a few laying around. Ill check the garage later when I get home.

cool, thanks. It keeps loosening on its own

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would have torn the garage apart to find one i knew i had due to my ADJD so im glad it was where I thought it was-lol.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think its the one with the 90* bend to it. Ill have to check, but I'm driving the YJ today.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the dealer wants $13.75 for it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What's wrong with a regular nut, used in conjunction with a wrench while tightening and loosening... ala Old School? The only reason for the flag is to reduce the time that the UAW folks spend on each nut during assembly.
I normally just cuss at them and when I finally get the rusted bugger off; replace them with a nut and anti-seize, usually with a lock washer (not a fan of locktite on most nuts).

Having retired from industry; most changes are cost reduction (profit) driven not a matter of quality or function...

Enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts