Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard tops are expensive, and money is tight. I've wanted a hard top for some time now, and I finally found a used Smittybilt top for $200. It's perfect-- carpeted headliner, no cracks or scratches, perfect seals. The only problem is the back window had shattered. Does anyone know where I can get a rear glass window for a Smittybilt hard top? Is it the same as the OEM one? I've been fortunate with dry weather so far, but I'd like to get a window replacement before the rain finally comes. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
Quadratec has replacement lift glass made by PPR Industries for factory hardtops. If you can find a number for PPR Industries, they might make one.

Normal glass companies might be able to help, but they would most likely be pricey. Tempered glass is hard to work with. There was an episode of Fantomworks where they were working on a windshield of a Morgan roadster, thinking it was the normal layered glass. Someone had installed tempered glass in the cars windshield (flat glass) and the drill bit grabbed and exploded the glass.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just recently shattered my rear window... When I contacted Smittybilt, they referred me to 4wheelparts and they quoted me $525 +tax shipped to your door (phone in order). Part number is 619701-04. Supposedly comes with all hardware to mount this. They said stock should be here around the end of the month.

I haven't checked if its the same as OEM. I stopped looking when they gave me that price lol Ended up ordering a soft top since I haven't removed the hard top in the year that i've had the Jeep and one of the reasons I got a wrangler was for its toplessness. I'll possibly do a plexiglass rear for the hardtop at some point down the road.

·
Registered
204 Posts
525 is close to what you would see stock rear glass be locally.

know someone who shattered theirs over tightening the rear hinge doing a hinge replacement. $800+CAD local

1 - 5 of 5 Posts