Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked far and wide. I live in central Illinois And we have no scrapyards with jeeps. I've only found ones on eBay and people are asking 300+ for broken consoles!

Any idea where to find one with a good price?

·
Registered
224 Posts
did you check your local Craigslist?

·
Registered
224 Posts
...there are always jeeps being parted out somewhere

·
Registered
85 Posts
Contact E&K sales they have all kinds if used jeep parts. I got a new computer from them. They are located in Burlington, IN and will ship their stuff anywhere. Just call them and see if they have what your looking for.

http://www.eandksales.com/

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
I'm thinkin 100 tops!
Well if you are putting the cap at $100 you will have to wait it out. Sometimes you can run up on a good deal. I recently sold my full console out of my 98 for $100 shipped. You have to understand that shipping is not cheap for something like that. It cost me right at $30 just for shipping, so I really only got $70 for it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Contact E&K sales they have all kinds if used jeep parts. I got a new computer from them. They are located in Burlington, IN and will ship their stuff anywhere. Just call them and see if they have what your looking for.

http://www.eandksales.com/
Just called them!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if you are putting the cap at $100 you will have to wait it out. Sometimes you can run up on a good deal. I recently sold my full console out of my 98 for $100 shipped. You have to understand that shipping is not cheap for something like that. It cost me right at $30 just for shipping, so I really only got $70 for it.
Yeah, I wish I could find one around here!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have one in my basement - tan with sub and the speaker was not blown but nothing to write home about- complete- but no shift boot or airbag switch - I would take $150.00 for it - if you decide you want to pay more. I will have to dig it out tonight. It maybe time to list it on the for sale page!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have one in my basement - tan with sub and the speaker was not blown but nothing to write home about- complete- but no shift boot or airbag switch - I would take $150.00 for it - if you decide you want to pay more. I will have to dig it out tonight. It maybe time to list it on the for sale page!
Text me at 217 -722-5891

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I feel fortunate, I found one in a salvage yard and paid $20. It was tan and pretty dirty. I cleaned it real good, scuffed, primed, and painted it. Turned out great.

ForumRunner_20130807_141938.jpg

Not a great pic but you get the idea.
I just seen one in a salvage yard in Detroit. It is near a place I work occasionally. It is in a 98 so no sub or air bag switch. Looked in good condition. I will be going there in a week or so and could get a price for you.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel fortunate, I found one in a salvage yard and paid $20. It was tan and pretty dirty. I cleaned it real good, scuffed, primed, and painted it. Turned out great.

I just seen one in a salvage yard in Detroit. It is near a place I work occasionally. It is in a 98 so no sub or air bag switch. Looked in good condition. I will be going there in a week or so and could get a price for you.
Better yet! What is their phone number, I'll ask If they can ship me one!

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts

View attachment 282881

That's a lot of orange in there, Should add a 5 ball, pool ball shifter to it:thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts