Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4 Little Squirrels
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to fabricate my own rocker guards, but where in the world can I find black diamond plate?

I'm in md if it matters

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I'm not familiar with black diamond plating, but I believe you can get it anodized or powder-coated after fabrication. there is always bedliner.

·
4 Little Squirrels
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, in that case, where can I get REGULAR diamond plate? :D

That and I can just cut it with a circular saw right?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
ellman605 said:
Well, in that case, where can I get REGULAR diamond plate? :D

That and I can just cut it with a circular saw right?
It's very expensive. I saw some at true value.73 bucks for a 1 x 3 piece. I couldn't believe it

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
There is a company called Eastern Metals that sells it pretty cheap. The only problem is that they sell to manufacturers only. Try contacting a local sign shop and see if they can order a sheet for you. It runs about 50.00 a sheet. Or you can do what I did, cut regular diamond plate, scruff it up a little and hit it with krylon. I've had mine for over 3 years and it hasn't chipped or scratched yet.

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
In my experience, the chrome treadplate is aluminum and black treadplate is steel..you can paint the steel treadplate any color you want. it is a lot cheaper to buy it steel in no color at all really and then paint it black. a 4x8 sheet of aluminum is about 100 dollars where I get my supplies. just look up any metal stores..Wheeler Metal (Arkansas) is where I get my stuff

·
Registered
88 Posts
I saw it at Lowes today not super expensive, and I saw it at Tractor Supply as well. I think you could get Lowes to cut it in the exact measurements you want therefore you wont have waste.

Thats my plan, then I'm painting them and installing myself

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
It's very expensive. I saw some at true value.73 bucks for a 1 x 3 piece. I couldn't believe it
lol i work at true value, a 1x3 piece is 24 bucks for i think its 1/8" thick, for 1/4" its like 28 bucks..

·
Registered
191 Posts
you can get diamondplate at Maryland Metals in Hagerstown, Md. comes 4 x 8 sheet, 1/8 inch thick. You can cut it and bend it any way you want. I just diamond plated my Jeep, rear corners, tailgate, under the doors, on top of the front fenders for about $600 would have saved a bundle had I bought a sheet and cut it myself.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Try your local scrap and steel yard, they should have it and at a good price. Then just have it PC or paint it your self :blunt:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts