Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pair of led headlights for my 2016 jkur. I read a lot of posts about where to hookup the wire for the "halo" daytime running light option/function.

What I found is that all of the posts suggested hooking up the daytime running lamp wire to one of the switched fuses in the fuse block that turned on with the ignition in the accessory position. This isn't a true "daytime running light" hookup and would have drained the battery if you wanted to only listen to the radio, and irritated people at the drive ins (yah, I still have one near my house). Other posts suggested a separate switch, or hooking them up to the running lights. None of these suggestions made the DRL function as a true DRL.

My solution was to hook up the daytime running light wire from the led headlights to the fuse block M25 fuse. This is the fuel pump fuse and only receives power after the engine is cranked (after sensing crankshaft movement). This means that the drl' swill only light up after the engine has started and is running (just like a DRL should do! ). I used a "add a circuit" fuse to the existing fuse position. This allows you to keep the existing circuit protected with the same fuse, and gives you a second position (I used a 7.5 amp fuse) to add a fused connection with a pigtail to hook up to. Make sure to read the directions on the add a circuit so you know what fuse position is for the existing circuuyit and the circuit you are adding.

Here is the type of add a circuit fuse terminal:
(Remember that you want the add a circuit for the mini fuses (ATM type)

https://www.amazon.com/Pico-0956PT-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A3MMD9ZCH8C2FTAE4XRD

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a good tip for DRL. On my 2014 JKU I ended up using fuse slot M9 - Rear Heated Seat (If Equipped) since it wasn't being used. Now DRL's aren't activated with just the key in the ACC position, however the DRL's are activated when using the remote start and key in run position which is the operational characteristic I wanted. I think same would hold true as OP above recommended. I just wanted to avoid messing with a required function such a fuel pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts