Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well light are installed and now it is time time to wire them up. where have you installed the new fuse box and how have you secured it. i just purchased a Bussmann from Ebay and a good product not to mention great customer service.

where is the best location?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I bent the bracket to match the angle and drilled holes closer to the edge and mounted by the brake booster on the plastic deal there. There is nothing under it and large short sheet metal screws screwed right in with small pilot hole

image-4262662094.jpg

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to say thank you for all of the help.

i installed it today and hope to wire it this weekend. taking mt time so it looks like it came with the car.

i made some modifications to the brackets and painted them black. took some picks.

welcome to share your thoughts. looks like its belongs there.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to say thank you for all of the help.

i installed it today and hope to wire it this weekend. taking mt time so it looks like it came with the car.

i made some modifications to the brackets and painted them black. took some picks.

welcome to share your thoughts. looks like its belongs there.
Thank you for sharing this. I have this part and was searching all under the hood to find a place to mount this.

I even considered buying a dual battery tray and laying this down inside there.
Glad I came across your post to see how you added it to your rig.

Do you have any photos of how you installed the 8 gauge fuse holder?

I plan on adding a stereo amplifier kit and it uses the same 8 gauge fuse block.
I was wondering if I can tap into that or would I need two separate fuse holders? I'll figure that out as I go, for now I have to paint and drill some holes just like you did :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks...
I kind of knew I was going to put the fuse box in the location of these pics so when I ordered the part from ebay from the same one mentioned here, I asked him to make the power cables longer.

It was only $10 more for more cable length but I didn't want to chance it. I plan installing mine soon but wanted to see if the other folks here had pics of where they placed their power line's amp fuse box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't hooked up the power side of it yet but I did run the switch wires through the firewall and into the switches.

I have four rocker switch in my pod and the bussmann kit has five accessories wires so I left one cut off and electrical taped.

Didn't think about it but I guess I will need to run one small power wire to the switch box to light up the LEDs.

Attached are some photos of how I bent the bracket and used a self tapping screw to mount it.

[I'm getting an amplifier hooked up soon so I'll have the installer hook up my power fuse block for this bussmann and my amp wiring kit.]

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts