Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall! I'm expecting a package in the mail anythime this week! :dance: My Wet Okole Seat covers with heated Seats! My question for you is:
Where can i mount the buttons for the heated seats? I'm thinking about drilling a hole in the center console to the left of the E-Brake.
Comments/ Suggestions? What all do i need to do to drill and run the wires?
THANKS!

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
Is your factory switch plate full? There are TONS of options as far as switches go and ideas of where to mount them.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
how big is your console, a full one?

I think maybe in the area you suggested. or above the cup holders just under the console door. some where so passenger and hit theirs easy (and you can hit secretly, I used to love to do that when they werent looking, see how long it took the passenger to freak out:rofl:)

As for wiring it, once you get them you'll have to see what the manufacturer recommends but i bet they are on a relay to protect the switches. but i'd get the wires to behind the glovebox where you can run wires and power from the engine bay easy or tap into something back there, and the seat wires can run along the rockers to under the dash or under the console, depending on how much they give you

i found this pic on the net of someones switch location

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i have a full console. My switch plate isn't full. Since you said that I thought about mounting them where the ash try (or whatever that big piece of square plastic is to be) is to be. If i have enough wire to run it from the left of the E brake i will. It is fun to turn them on without the people knowing. Makes them think they peed themselves :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts