Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jku and have a small fire extinguisher, but where to mount it? I don't want it under the front pax seat as it will inhibit the forwards/backwards movement of the chair.

Any ideas?

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
You can see mine here (driver side final pillar of sport/roll bar):

The thing that I don't particularly like about this position is that every time I put the soft top up or down, I have to take the extinguisher out. Also it's not exactly terribly handy for a fire on my Jeep. If I was helping someone else out - not a problem. I'm open to better ideas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's mine...

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
On a related note, whats the best option for the fire extinguisher, brand, size and chemical?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thx guys, looks like I am going with he smithybuilt holder for the rollbar. Cheers and thx for posting : D

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You will want it where you can get at it FAST !! If you have to get out and run around to the rear tailgate and open the door.....ohhhhh wait, it's locked, run back get the keys out, run back to the tailgate....open the door get it out, now ya gotta open the hood...
Get the picture???? Big melted blob on the road...
Yea, I have a nice Halon , but it's still in the back in the milk crate with everything else.
So my Jeep will have a melt down before I can get at it.
I need to find a place for it too.... "BH"

·
Registered
780 Posts
In the a two door I have mine mounted on the roll cage beside the drivers seat. If I need it in a hurry I simply slide my seat back and have instant access to it. Its been there for about a year now and does not interfere with the seat nor rear passengers.

(dont forget we drive on the right side of the road so drivers side is the right side)

·
Registered
694 Posts
I see a lot of guys with top quality refillable all metal extinguishers. That makes me proud. No junk for Jeep guys. If it may need to save a life, don't go cheap. I have two in mine. One is ABC powder and the other is clean propellent Halotron, both 2.5lb. Amerex.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't think you could get Halon extinguishers any more (due to the harmful effect they have on the atmosphere) though I know it is still used for such places as turbine extinguishers on planes and such, but not for general purpose use??

Yep mine will be easy accessible strapped to the roll cage. ; )

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I know you want it where you can grab it quickly but mounting high up on a roll bar is not a really good idea. If you get in an accident and that thing gets loose its a large heavy missle. Unless you only mount it up high when your wheelin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts