Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have XRC all the way round except the side rails. XRC doesn't have any mounting kit for it. Has anyone found a good place to mount a high lift? Leaning towards the hood mount but not sure if that is the best place. Thx

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Those are sweet jacks seen one lift a 10 by 20 wood shed. I'd carry one if I didn't have a winch. It can work as one. Never seen one used until 2 days ago when the neighbor had shed delivered. Was pretty amazing simple power. I'd mount with the behind the rear roll bar mounts. Keeps it inside the top out of the way and the weather. And thieves to a degree.

http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=92200+9002

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
... I'd mount with the behind the rear roll bar mounts. Keeps it inside the top out of the way and the weather. And thieves to a degree.

Sport Cage Hi-Lift® Jack Mount | Jeep Parts and Accessories | Quadratec
If i wasn't able to mount mine to my tire carrier, it would go on the rear roll bar. That being said, i only have a hi-lift because my dad gave me his. Time will tell how useful it will actually be. I did use the hi-lift to install my bumper/tire carrier...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems lift the majority opinion is I won't need one. I do have a winch so maybe I will hold off and see if it is needed. Not sure if driving environments affect whether it would be useful or not. Seems like most of the crawlers I see here in San Diego have them. Doesn't mean they use them I guess. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I don't need one have a winch. It can serve as a winch and maybe lift you out of being stuck. With a winch no need. Can pull your self out or drive to a place the factory jack will work. If I didn't have a winch I would want one. Cheap mans winch. With a winch dead weight. My winch can pull my house down lol. Wish I knew of high lifts before I had the dough for a winch.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
They come in handy when there is nothing to mount a winch to... that is unless you carry an anchor for your winch.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I mounted mine to the rear roll bar. I have been meaning to take it out and leave it off until I go wheeling, but I need a dose of "round tuits" to get it done...

I also have a winch, so probably will never need it. But I bought the stinking thing years ago, so I guess I'll haveta keep it. lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have a winch, shovel, and a hi lift. I have used all three for different applications. I still will carry all three

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have a winch, a chunk of 4 x 4 wood and a bottle jack. The bottle jack can get into places the highlift cannot.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just put an Olympic 4x4 bumper bar on my son's 97. It has 4 tabs for auxillary lights and 2 tabs for a high lift. Not ready to turn him loose with one yet but when the time comes, he'll have a place for it. The tabs for the jack are approximately equal distant between the headlights and factory fog lights.

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
safest place for both the jack and for you is mounted to the rear sides of the roll bar just above the tailgate.

Mine goes on my tire carrier horizontally between the carrier and the soft window. I only mount it for trail rides.

If I have to change a flat on the road I used the stock bottle jack, which works well, but is really slow going.

I have a bag of Hi-Lift gear that I toss in the back when I load the jack for off road stuff.

However, in the past ten years I have never once had a flat, save for one time losing my bead while aired down too much. I have only aired down that one time, too.

So far my Hi-lift is a virgin on the trail, and my bottle jack has only been used in my carport a few times. I have a floor jack for home wrenching.

The image shows my preferred way on the roll cage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
owned one for over 12 years and the only time I used it was to pull out a fence post! It did make a nice rear bumper on my CJ7 and I sold it with that Jeep.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts