Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am still relatively new to working on my own Jeep so I am not to sure where to start diagnosing this.

I was out for a drive in my 94 4.0 with the AX15 yesterday and after coming up a hill, I lost throttle response. So I shifted down to first and still had little throttle response.

I was still able to shift but it felt like I had very little power. I was able to get home (was only half mile or so) and got her back in the garage. I killed the Jeep and turned it back on and it started as normal (a little slow but normal). I was able to go back and further in the driveway but was abnormally grinding in reverse.

Initial thought was my slave cylinder went but I am not sure. Thanks for any input or thoughts on the diagnosis!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Lack of throttle response is typically not related to clutch action/slave cylinder.

Grinding into reverse could be the fact that reverse does not have a syncro so you need to be fully stopped.

I would diagnose the throttle response issue first. There could be a lot of reasons but fuel delivery is high on the list.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Start with a new fuel filter

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Poor performance is also one of the signs to your fuel pump going.

Your local auto parts store should have a fuel pressure gauge for rent. Check your fuel pressure at the rail and make sure you are getting the correct psi.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New fuel filter is in and I ran the same route I did when I had issues and she ran great! Hope that's all for now. Thank you all for the help.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Good to hear!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts