Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been doing a lot of searching and none of the dealerships has a decent reviews as far as service. I'm almost tempted to do my oil changes.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Do your own oil change. It is basic maintenance, you will do a better job then anywhere else (because you care more), and it gives you an opportunity to take a look at the undercarriage for other possible problems.
On your stock Jeep, you only need a few tools and a set of ramps.
Oil changes is where most of us got our start with auto repair and maintence.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to do my own oil change but moving here to Texas and not having a garage sucks. I hope my apartment complex don't mind.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
lol I have changed engines in apartment complex parking lots, they arent going to say anything about an oil change unless you dump it all over the ground and dont clean it up

·
Registered
155 Posts
Do your own oil change. It is basic maintenance, you will do a better job then anywhere else (because you care more), and it gives you an opportunity to take a look at the undercarriage for other possible problems.
On your stock Jeep, you only need a few tools and a set of ramps.
Oil changes is where most of us got our start with auto repair and maintence.
X2 I never even needed ramps when mine was stock but it's a Rubi so maybe that made it a bit easier. It's a fast, easy job and you will know it's done right. Make sure the engine is a little warm, loosen the bolt to start the flow, change the oil filter while it's emptying, tighten back up, fill and done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts