Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an impression that Chrysler's been in a rush with Recon - there's the 430/130 radio controversy, the fact that it's still listed without axles on jeep.com, and other small things.

Now this - I can guess that this button (above, with blue LED to the left of it) has something to do with Bluetooth, but alas, none of the manuals I can find have it.

Is this button specific to just Recon, or other models have it as well?
Is there a manual anywhere that covers its operation?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I don't have that on my Recon.
Did you order the $500 Electronic Vehicle (aka Husband) Tracking System option?

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Mt friends Recon doesn't have that. Dealer installed? Would explain why not in the manual.
It can be dealer installed, or now factory installed too. But its an option, even on the Recon.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've heard that some dealers put tracking 'options' in vehicles to meet the requirements of lenders... i.e.... poor credit at risk of default of payment. And they don't highlight the small print in the finance contract...

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
It can be dealer installed, or now factory installed too. But its an option, even on the Recon.
I would think if it was a factory option, there would be some mention of it and how to use it either in the owners manual or a separate supplemental manual.

Of course it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. :)

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
That looks way too amateur to be a factory installed switch, even coming from Jeep.

I say it's a dealer installed option, possibly at the insistence of the finance company.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks way too amateur to be a factory installed switch, even coming from Jeep.

I say it's a dealer installed option, possibly at the insistence of the finance company.
Nope. Factory installed, XDJ option code. Thanks to @jwt873 for the heads up.

As for "amateur"... I blame FCA :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts