Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a small lift on my newly acquired manual 92YJ (6Cyl, Saharah,82k miles) so that I can fit 31x10.5's. There appear to be several options...including add a leaf, shackle lift , and adding bushings. Which method is best, provides lift without sacraficing road worthiness?? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The body lift would be the easiest, and the ride would be the same, I wouldn't do the add a leaf, as you would lose a lot of flex in the springs, and the ride would be kinda harsh. As far as the shaclke lift you will get bump steer if you go more than 2" of lift, some get it with less.
I would suggest the 2.5" Roughcountry lift. It is the same price as the 4", but if you don't want that much lift you can't hardly beat it for themoney. It comes with shocks too. That alone is worth $140-160

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I have been running 31's for almost 7 years......I went full on 2-1/2" suspension lift. IF you are set on only 31's and looking to do it inexpensively then 1-1/4" body lift and a 1" shackle lift. Think long and hard.....IF you ever think you might go up, go the Rough Country route and for about the same $$ (as the 2") you can buy the 4" kit and then you're set for 33's.

Or I'll make you a deal on my 2-1/2" Rubicon Express kit and I'll go do 33's and the 4" RC kit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I hope you don't mind ReedJay, but I am wondering the same thing. If I go with the 2.5" suspension lift from Roughcountry (Jeep YJ Suspension Lift) will the ride be changed much? In my case, the YJ will be a daily driver that I will use for fun on the weekends. I want to retain as much comfort and highway speed as possible while improving the looks and country road ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts