Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to put in a Lange crank hoist, but ordered the Creep-along version first. Then decided I want the crank style. I haven't received either yet, but read a lot of posts on it. I'm curious if anyone who has the crank style would mind posting photos of any additional pulley they installed above the hoist, to change the angle of the metal cable to ride up the wall instead of the 45° or so angle that it forms if only using the kit?

I don't have the kit yet, so I don't understand the diameter or rating of the pulleys.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know this is an old, old thread, but I have the exact same question. I have a Lange Hoist w/crank and I want to add a pulley so I don't have a 45 degree cable going up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went with this one
Pulley
at home depot. It is rated for 420 pounds. I used three lag bolts into a ceiling joist.

It works great and my wire runs up the wall and across the ceiling without interfering with anything.

·
Registered
2015 JKU
115 Posts
Got my extra pulley from Northern Tool. Don’t forget, you can also remove the crank handle and use a cordless drill for raising and lowering. Lots easier and faster than hand cranking.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts