Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided to install an adjustable rear track bar (to compensate for the angled track bar relocation bracket that I need to fix the problem of the track bar mashing into the gas tank skid when I set the pinion angle of the axle to the transfer case so that I can order a custom drive shaft because I upgraded to a slip yoke eliminator after bending the main shaft of the transfer case after an ill fated trip out to Sunflower Mines).

Still have the D35 but plans are in the works for an F8.8 swap with 35's and a locker.

My question is, will just a simple Rough Country adjustable track bar be fine for both applications or should I go a bit more beefy?

If so then what is the recommendation?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean, Jerry. I have RC lower fronts and upper rear adjustables and I already regret that decision.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Metal Cloak is also another brand to keep in mind. Some people are skeptical because it is a newer company, but it is a fraction of the price and has quality stuff. Just bought mine and received it on Tuesday

·
Registered
488 Posts
I narrowed down to Currie, 'Cloak, and JKS. I went with 'Cloak. I'm happy with my choice. The rest of my suspension is Currie, and I'm a big fan of them.

·
Registered
455 Posts
^^^ Do you get any squeaks or moans from the currie control arms?

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, why go MC for track bar if you like the jj's so much? I have the MC track and CA's are my next purchase, thats why I ask

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, why go MC for track bar if you like the jj's so much? I have the MC track and CA's are my next purchase, thats why I ask
Part of it was cost. I picked up the MC track bars up from a friend, who's a dealer, for $150 each. That's a deal, compared to Currie. The other part was, I wanted to try the Duroflex joint.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Part of it was cost. I picked up the MC track bars up from a friend, who's a dealer, for $150 each. That's a deal, compared to Currie. The other part was, I wanted to try the Duroflex joint.
Can you get me one for that price? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts