Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking down the road to tax refund time and I am looking at replacing my front axle with an aftermarket 44. Options are

CORE 44 from G2
PR 44 from Dynatrac
TF 44.
Obviously they are all better than the stock D30 but which one is best and why ?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Looking down the road to tax refund time and I am looking at replacing my front axle with an aftermarket 44. Options are

CORE 44 from G2
PR 44 from Dynatrac
TF 44.
Obviously they are all better than the stock D30 but which one is best and why ?
which one has better ground clearance and which is cheaper? i know 4wp likes to use pr44

·
Super Moderator
22,019 Posts
If you are not changing gearing you might look at the TF for D30. If money is no issue go with the pro rock.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im running 4:56 gears and 35s plan to stay with 4:56 but might go 37s next time. Im really leaning towards the Core44 due to the price and features.Like the idea of having spanner nuts on carrier caps if I decide to just buy the housing and set up myself. Know how to do it and have the tools and the spanner nuts make setting backlash sooo much easier.

·
Registered
33,936 Posts
When I bent my rubi housing I did some checking on the guys that push there Jeep real hard so I went with the TF! Almost two years now and still very happy with it!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Since you're in ohio check out solid axle industries. Currie is also worth looking into. A dynatrac axle bought, assembled, and set up from them will probably be the best if you can afford it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts