Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking for some help. I have a 2012 JK Rubicon with close to 80,000 miles. It’s my project. I don’t think that the wheel hubs or any of the u-joints on the front axles or drive shafts have ever been replaced.. I’ve searched the forums and get conflicting part numbers for the 2012 model year for the axle u-joints. What suggestions do you all have for the best replacement parts for my Ruby regarding wheel hubs, axle joints and driveshaft u joints? I’ll add that my Jeep is my daily driver and 95% on road right now until I make sure all is sound with the drivetrain. I’m running 2” Rancho Progressive Lift with rs9000xl shocks. Factory Ruby wheels with factory Mud Terrains. 1.5” wheel spacers. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Spicer joints for the front dana 44. 5-7166X at least that is what fits my 2015 jukr. But I do recalling someone else having a issue. Timken hubs are what I usually go with, though even those are made over seas now. Not sure on the front drive shaft joint.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you having any issues with your joints that you want to replace them??

Sandan

Good question! Not anything obvious yet with the joints but almost 80k in upstate NY can’t be good for the originals. The wheel hubs are my concern. When I grab at 12 and 6 o’clock, I hear a slight click sound.

·
Registered
216 Posts
don't worry too much....let that click get louder and when you start feeling it in the steering then replace... OMNI-ADA USA makes good products and you can find good coupon deals for your setup....keep it OEM and you will be happy and your wallet will be havier.....lol

Spicer is the next big brand ......Timkin is also good brand and so is SKF.

sandan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't worry too much....let that click get louder and when you start feeling it in the steering then replace... OMNI-ADA USA makes good products and you can find good coupon deals for your setup....keep it OEM and you will be happy and your wallet will be havier.....lol

Spicer is the next big brand ......Timkin is also good brand and so is SKF.

sandan

Sandan, Where would I get a “coupon” deal for the Omix ADA wheel hubs that you are referring?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts