Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I'm building a AMC 360 out of a 1990 wagon right now I have apart I'm putting torker intake , holley 600 double pumper, headers, msd 6Al box with H.E.I distributor, plan on deleting smog crap too. It is a stock compression motor..

What camshaft do I need? well I have looked at Voodoo and comp cams I like both. Voodoo 262/268 and the 256/262 now comp cams 260H, EX262H

I like them. I want low end torque and need vac for brakes but want you to know there is a cam in there.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
OK so I'm building a AMC 360 out of a 1990 wagon right now I have apart I'm putting torker intake , holley 600 double pumper, headers, msd 6Al box with H.E.I distributor,
You are going to be racing this competitively?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No just for riding around the beach and playing in the mud. A weekend drive and some DD in the summer time

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'd ask in the CJ section here and on jeep forum, they deal with the 360 alot.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
No just for riding around the beach and playing in the mud. A weekend drive and some DD in the summer time
Then you dont want a "torker" single plane manifold or the holley carb. That's high rpm drag racing stuff. You need a dual plane manifold. You need low rpm power. A good two barrel or quadrajet if you have a hardon for a four barrel carb.

Then, just an RV type cam. Mild boost in power and torque. If you are comparing lifts and durations on a cam for a jeep with a 360, you really need to stop reading hotrod magazine. Competitive racing is one thing, fourwheeling and daily driving is another.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the intake came with the motor,
So I plan using it plus the rpm range on it is 3000 and up ,but it works fine with idle and up from what I have seen
The holley 600 is build like the truck Avenger ones.

Now for the cams. The small voodoo cam and Comp cam 260h is a rv cams

And I'm not going off Hotrod mag.

I'm going off four wheeler mag and JP mags plus International full size Jeep too

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Jp and 4wor are kinda the same as hotrod in that they shill for their advertisers. Dont get me wrong, they have good info, but tend to point people toward the extreme raptor predator avenger, and the t-rex bulldog monster pitbull.

For your use, idle to 2000 rpm is what you want. Sell that torker and find a stock manifold or an edelbrock dual plane. Even headers aren't necessary if you have a properly sized dual exhaust. Some factory amc manifolds are decent flowing. More isnt always better unless you're racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts