Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to replace the springs on my TJ, and I want to be sure that I pick the correct rear spring. Currie offers two different rates for the 4" rear, a standard and an HD. I'm hoping to get some input on the proper choice for my vehicle:

Specs:
2001 TJ
Soft top
No back seat
33" spare on bumper/swing out carrier
No plans for any larger tires
Most driving is on pavement with nothing in the back
When I do go on trails they are usually fire roads (no rock crawling)

The two options are:
CE-9131RH2P
CE-9131RH3P (HD/LJ)

Ordinarily I would go straight to the standard spring, but I think the large spare and swing out carrier/bumper are throwing me off.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am looking at these also. The HD springs seem to be intended for the TJ with body armour, heavy rear bumper, large spare tire, etc. With you setup, the standard spring should be fine.

Currie's customer service is frist rate, give them a call.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did call first, and was told that the standard rears shouldn't sag too much with the carrier and spare. The "shouldn't sag too much" kind of concerned me, that's why I figured that I would post and ask for real world examples.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thank you
if you think you might do armor or a hard top i would look into like the LJ or HD 3" spring, should give you 4 or a little over than as you add weight may level out..

But with my 1" or so of rake i dont mid or really even notice

I know how you feel i did the most research i could but its tough nobody will ever have your set up so everything varies.

best of luck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This one won't see armor or a hard top. So it sounds like the standard springs are for me. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts