Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I've had many Magnaflow exhaust systems from Cat-Backs to Full on custom systems - I like Magnaflow systems.

Dyno'd a Magnaflow system once up against open Headers (same car) less than 1 rwhp/rwtq difference - That my friend is a Free-Flow exhaust.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The best exhaust for a v6 is a quiet exhaust they just don't sound right loud, I love a nice meaty v8 exhaust but never heard a 6 I liked

The MagnaFlow video you posted shows a 4L straight 6

·
Registered
665 Posts
They all sound ricey and remind me of the v6 Mustangs .. Please don't. You will never get a deep delicious sound from a v6. Period

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Happy with the sound and look of my Gibson duel exhaust in black. It has a mellow sound with no noticeable drone and not a ricey as your video of the 1 you posted. If you go with the Gibson please don't get the Metal Milisha version (tips are too tacky IMO). This Gibson sounds more like mine.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5WKmWOeNE

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I was 2 clicks away from purchasing the Metal Mulisha's on Amazon. That was until I read the reviews on how they rust out within 3 months.
For the record my black Gibson (non-metal mulisha) tips look as good as new after 4+ months on my Jeep. No signs of rust anywhere :winner:.
I think the rust has to do with 2 different types of metals together.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Gibson dual (part #617303) on my 2015 JKU soft top. Looks great, sounds good at low speeds, drones like crazy on the highway, even in 6th gear. Made a 1,000 mile trip very tiring.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Happy with the sound and look of my Gibson duel exhaust in black. It has a mellow sound with no noticeable drone and not a ricey as your video of the 1 you posted. If you go with the Gibson please don't get the Metal Milisha version (tips are too tacky IMO). This Gibson sounds more like mine.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5WKmWOeNE
Thanks for the updated vid! Yeah, I noticed the metal mulisha tend to rust also. Yours sounds great! I can't seem to decide now...

The magnaflow sounds great also, but is a bit above price all others. The gibson (black) sounds really good, and the Borla exhaust sounds amazing.
I dont know how to prioritze which to get now.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was 2 clicks away from purchasing the Metal Mulisha's on Amazon. That was until I read the reviews on how they rust out within 3 months.

Awhile back I had the Metal Mulisha's installed on my 2013 JK. I actually found their sound to be quit annoying. It's raspy and "tinny" sounding. So glad I went back to stock....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts