Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

which flares

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant decide between the two, im leaning more torwards the flat flares. all my friends are saying go with the pocket style. whats everybodys opinion? please keep it between these two flares, ive looked at all kinds of tube fenders but none seem to have the tire coverage i need to be legal...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Do you off road at all?

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Go with the flat unless you find a good deal on the pocket flares used.

I had the BW pockets. When I started to wheel the Jeep, the pocket flares did not want to play. I broke them on the first trip.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I have the pockets. Not Bushwacker but TAG. I like them a lot.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have the Bushwacker Pocket Flares, but I think they are bulky and cheap. If you look at them the wrong way, they will break. Flat flares are the way to go, IMO. You know what opinions are like, though!

·
Registered
92 Posts
A good friend of mine bought the Flat Flares, very cheap for what they cost. I could not believe how flimsy they are. I would stay away from anything Bushwacker if you enjoy offroading.

·
Registered
504 Posts
From what I've been told (not sure how true), if you do allot of mudding, the pocket flares tend to collect mud. If that's a consideration, there you have it. I'm sure someone can confirm or refute this. Style wise, I like the look of the pockets.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the pockets and they have held up just fine. They do collect a lot of mud but thats kinda their purpose. I ended up getting mine after going to 12.5 tires for the extra coverage. I love the way they give it an aggressive offroad look. I doubt they would hold up well for a rock crawler but for the mild and moderate trails I run they have held up great for years now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts