150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I installed the Hella HL79562 e-codes 2 years ago. I used standard Hella 60/55W H4 bulbs.
Got them (2 housings, 2 bulbs) from Susquehanna motorsports for ~$100 delivered.
Still working great. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
THe first one. Hella e codes. Keep in mind that if you go with hotter bulbs than dot standard 60/55 you will need to wire in cube relays to handle the power to them. I have that setup with 100/80 H4 bulbs. Awesome lighting and no one has ever flashed their lights at me because they were blinded.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The first link is for the e code I just installed that exact headlight into my Jeep last night. I also order them from amazon.com

·
Registered
107 Posts
These....

Hella Lighting HL79562 - Hella E-Code (ECE) 7” Round H4 Headlamp Conversion - Quadratec

LOL.... had to do it...

Your first link is the correct one... according to crossing over the HL79562 p/n.

The thing I don't like is that fact that AMAZON doesn't say E-Code and is DOES SAY that they meet DOT standard.... E-CODES are NOT DOT approved.

Just spend the extra $5 from Q-Tec and have peace of mind.
I don't know why people keep promoting Qtec. $14 for shipping is crazy and $33 for shipping on PIAA 520 atp's is worse. So $47 shipped for both... I think amazon is getting my money.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I don't know why people keep promoting Qtec. $14 for shipping is crazy and $33 for shipping on PIAA 520 atp's is worse. So $47 shipped for both... I think amazon is getting my money.

Obviously you aren't aware of using google shopping to search for the part #. Use the link to Quadratec and you get free shipping.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
um... after I mentioned Q-tec..... I did say "LOL.... had to do it..."

All I was saying is sometimes what you see on Amazon is NOT what you get.... been there done that. I shop Amazon a lot and love the deals, you juat have to be careful sometimes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just received my Hella e-codes in the mail yesterday,
I ordered this kit
HELLA 002395801 Vision Plus 165mm 12V High/Low Beam Halogen Conversion Headlamp Kit (H4 ECE) : Amazon.com : Automotive
Looking at the picture on amazon, the lights I received the triangular wedge is facing the opposite direction. So looking at the light it is facing to the right.
This would mean they will project light upwards to the left when driving correct? I wasn't sure if this is how they all come or there are different ones for LHD or RHD ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
well never mind, I just tried them and they project the light to the right side, guess I should have tried them first.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Why people insist on paying for the Hella name when Autopal does the same job for half the price is my question...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Paying double is more than a buck to me but whatever... Pay double and get double right?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Me too!! Show me how the hella do anything better than the the Autopal and while your at it, fill out your profile so we can all ooh and aah at your gear!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts