Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Falken at3 or hankook atm
guy at tire shop said I could get 4 for about $640
I believe that's with Installation.
Which one is better for light trail offroading and highway driving?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's been a while since you posted but this is a tire question I can actually help with.

My wife had the hankook atm rf10's on her Rodeo Sport a few years back and I just got the falkens yesterday for my JKU.

I really liked the hankooks. They were a relatively aggressive A/T tire but had very good road manners. Quiet and nice ride even as a C. We only put a few thousand miles on before selling so I don't know how they age. They handled dirt trails and rain well.

The Falkens still stink like new tires with only a hundred ish miles on them. They are more aggressive than the Atm's and really are more of a hybrid. They stiffened the ride up a bit from the stock Goodyear and have a slight hum but they're so much more aggressive that it's to be expected. I love the look of them and everything I've read points to them being a very strong winter tire which was my main concern. They also should be a capable wheeling tire for moderate trails.

I'd say which one is better depends on what you're priorities are.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Falken is pretty good for about 15k and then goes to total and utter crap in the wet. They are quiet and have OK traction but it quickly degrades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts