Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
So I'm moving from a TJ to a JK and want to know what everyone things is the better route to go. Here are my options:

1. 2016 JKU, dual top, power stuff, 3.73's, manual, alpine system. Leased for around $300 a month for 3 years

2. 2013 JK 10th anniversary rubicon 54k miles, soft top only but fully loaded for $29k asking price

3. 2012 JK rubicon 34k miles with hard top, power options, etc for $25k asking price

I am set on getting a 3.6 Jk and a manual, they all are manuals. I'd prefer a hard top but the jeep I want the most is the 10th anniversary, but kind of high miles for the price.

Which would you buy and why?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012 rubicon due to milage and price, the 2012 has the 3.6 as well.
That's what I was thinking as well, only thing is that it's a little more of a drive to get to. The new one is my local dealer which offers a discount for the jeep group I am a part of, and the 2013 is a 20 minute drive north. The 2012 is about a 2 hour drive, but may be worth it

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have owned manuals before and always stay from them now. Also, depending on what you want to do with it, i.e. all highway or some off road, I would stick with the Rubicon. Also, I have had rag tops and hardtops and would never go back to a rag top. Way too much noise.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Did you look into purchasing new?

Of those options I'd go #3 but I think some 2012s have an engine problem, so just be aware of that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you look into purchasing new? Of those options I'd go #3 but I think some 2012s have an engine problem, so just be aware of that.
Yes I am aware of the 2012 head issue. I have read that it usually happens around 15-30k miles if it has it. This one has more than that so I think it'd be okay. And I would buy new but can't afford it. I can afford financing the 2012, but not a 2016

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
#3 is where I would go I think. I wouldn't lease a jeep because of the money I'd put in mods. 2 is ok it would have to have almost every option leather, nav ect for me to think about it. Are 2 and 3 same color? Which color do you want more. Friend of mine bought a new Rubicon loaded and ran him in the 40s so the 29k isn't really a problem in my opinion price wise assuming you don't favor color or options difference I'd just mod number 2 with what money I saved. Good luck with your choice

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've decided not to lease, financing only so that I own it when I'm done paying. I'm going to go for the 2013 10A rubicon first, since that is the jeep I've wanted since it was released. It's anvil with the red leather, fully loaded besides a hard top. The second option is a new one that popped up for sale. A 2012 dozer rubicon, all painted everything, fully loaded besides a soft top. Last option is the 2012 rubicon listed as #3. That one is black.

Thanks for the opinions guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts