Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, currently have a ‘17 Colorado Z71 and I’m getting rid of it for a Jeep for more off road-ability.

Currently I’m looking at two different ones, which would you pick?

1: ‘13 White(I prefer white color) 4dr w/ warn winch and bumper(no bull bar), what look to be 33’s or 35’s, Fuel wheels, light bar up top, 80k miles, $28k

2: ‘11 Dark Green 4dr w/ winch and bull bar bumper, 35’s and aftermarket wheels can’t make out the type, Fox long travel suspension, warn synthetic winch, front grille piece that makes the headlights look squinty, 100k miles, $23k

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind the ‘11 sold, the ‘13 seems like a good deal so I’ll be joining the Jeep family soon after much exploration of Xterra titan swaps, Diesel Discovery swaps, and much more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome thanks for the replies everyone. I like how much more active these forums are compared to the Chevy forums already. I’m excited to have a rig I can actually off road in

·
No Whining now....
229 Posts
Welcome.

Engine is supposed to be better in the 13, but I'm replacing mine as I type. At 80k miles, check for any codes thrown and noise at start up.
Good luck and no whining now...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
You are going to trade in a 2017 truck for for a used modified jeep?

How much are they asking for the Jeep?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
932 Posts
All respect but 28,000 for a '13 with that mileage seems mighty high. Presumably you are getting cash back on your '17 Z71 to buy mods with hahaha! Good luck bro and welcome.

·
Premium Member
6,987 Posts
Good luck. I lean towards stock/unmodified Jeeps that I can 'screw-up' myself as opposed to letting someone else do it for me. I too have a '13 w/75k miles.
This ^. A stock Jeep is pretty capable on it's own. Once you decide how yo are going to use it, you can do your own modifications.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Neither.

Get a 2012+ unmolested. A stock JK is more capable than most people driving them. Modify after you find out what you REALLY need to upgrade, if anything.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
All respect but 28,000 for a '13 with that mileage seems mighty high. Presumably you are getting cash back on your '17 Z71 to buy mods with hahaha! Good luck bro and welcome.
Yeah, that's 500 more than I paid for my new JKU back in 2012.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea, I paid 29,000 for my 2018 JK OM with 17500 miles. It is bone stock but now i can make it mine.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Unless you are in a hurry, keep on looking. I got my '13 Oscar-Mike at 56,000 miles for $20,000 rust free from OK-TX

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Everyone saying not to get any of them and their overpriced. The cheaper one is priced right for the KBB certified pre owned value, there’s not a single other rubicon 4DR around that’s under $25500 within 400 miles of me. And most of them, if they don’t have higher mileage, their mileage is above 50k.

So the people telling me they got their JK non Rubicon, for a few thousand less, we’ll maybe take a second to think about why 🙂

·
Registered
932 Posts
Everyone saying not to get any of them and their overpriced. The cheaper one is priced right for the KBB certified pre owned value, there’s not a single other rubicon 4DR around that’s under $25500 within 400 miles of me. And most of them, if they don’t have higher mileage, their mileage is above 50k.

So the people telling me they got their JK non Rubicon, for a few thousand less, we’ll maybe take a second to think about why 🙂
:funnypost:Calm down new guy. If I am not mistaken, you started this thread and you asked the members. We simply were trying to advise based off the info you provided. That is what we do here.

If you have available cash spend as you wish. No skin off our backs.

And judging by your avatar congrats. :winner:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts