Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm trying to decide on a leveling kit since I'll be running my 265/75-R16 Duratracs for awhile.

I've narrowed my choices to the following:

Quadratec Eibach leveling kit or the Teraflex Performance leveling kit.

I don't want to do pucks even though they're alot cheaper.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I saw that. Been looking at those springs since they came out. I'm just concerned about sag with the Teraflex kit with all the posts recently.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hey all,

I'm trying to decide on a leveling kit since I'll be running my 265/75-R16 Duratracs for awhile.

I've narrowed my choices to the following:

Quadratec Eibach leveling kit or the Teraflex Performance leveling kit.

I don't want to do pucks even though they're alot cheaper.

Any suggestions?
Sounds like you want to change the stance and are standing pat on current tires/size for now.

It also sounds like you want a leveling/lift kit now and plan to swap out for a more beefy lift kit in the future.

Do you have any plans to modify bumpers or add any significant weight before upgrading lift in the future?

The reason for my assumptions and question is to ask why you wouldn't just go with a puck lift for now since it would meet your need, provide the same result, cost half the price, and require the exact same effort to install?

I'm in the same boat as you. I plan to run the stock Sahara wheels and tires until the rubber needs replacing, then I'm going to upgrade wheels and go to Duratrac's. I installed the Teraflex leveling kit (not their performance leveling kit, so no springs), and it's perfect.

Just a thought, but in my case, I can't see any benefit of their performance leveling kit vs. the leveling kit (which is to bridge me to a larger lift later). I applied the money saved on my kit toward RS9000XL shocks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, you like the puck kit, then? Yes, I'll be keeping the stock bumpers for now, unless they get to badly damaged to keep :) Also, the tires are less then three years old. Hard to justify replacing them :(

When I asked on another site, if the leveling kit was worth it, I was advised to skip it.

My big concern is not to go too big & make the tires look small.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The puck kit is fine for me. Leveled it out with slight lift. Got exactly what was advertised and the ride is no different from what it was before. I've gone wheeling (light) once since the install and it performed just fine. The Teraflex kit gives you some flexibility. The front allows you to stack two 1" pucks per side (so you get 4 pucks for the front) and the 1" puck for the rear. So you could just put 1 puck on each side on front and none in the rear to level it without any real lift (just 1" front). Or, stack them and install the rear to get 2" front and 1" rear, so you get it leveled with a slight lift all around. If you go 2" in the front, the kit includes sway bar extenders that you also install.

The directions SUCK, but other than that, I'm very happy with the kit. Below is a pic after the lift. Stock wheels (18") and tires (about 31.5's). Doesn't look out of proportion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The puck kit is fine for me. Leveled it out with slight lift. Got exactly what was advertised and the ride is no different from what it was before. I've gone wheeling (light) once since the install and it performed just fine. The Teraflex kit gives you some flexibility. The front allows you to stack two 1" pucks per side (so you get 4 pucks for the front) and the 1" puck for the rear. So you could just put 1 puck on each side on front and none in the rear to level it without any real lift (just 1" front). Or, stack them and install the rear to get 2" front and 1" rear, so you get it leveled with a slight lift all around. If you go 2" in the front, the kit includes sway bar extenders that you also install. The directions SUCK, but other than that, I'm very happy with the kit.
Agreed. Directions are not the best but I used the same kit and it wheels fine on the trails. The only difference with mine is I ditched their kit sway bars and went with Teraflex disconnects. If you ever go off-road I can't stress enough the difference discos make! And no, the tires don't look too small.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright! The puck lift it is, even though they've raised the price a bit, still alot cheaper than the coil version. Would it be worth it to change out the suspension bolts out with the Northridge kit while having loosened them?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Alright! The puck lift it is, even though they've raised the price a bit, still alot cheaper than the coil version. Would it be worth it to change out the suspension bolts out with the Northridge kit while having loosened them?
Separate bolts entirely. You can do them all at once and all you're saving is multiple days laying under it.

Also, as far as people advising against one kit for another, I always like to give the context. If the person giving the advice is doing so with the expectation that you're going to 37's and heading to Moab for a month, sure, I'd advise against it too. But if you're in my boat, it would be overkill for me to go with anything else at this time.

Check with Jason at Krawl Offroad. He's a sponsor and runs sales and specials. Besides typically being under retail, he'll run 5-10% off Teraflex regularly. He replies to PM's here quickly too. I got mine from him when he was running his SEMA sale.

Good luck, and PM if you have any questions about the install.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help. I'll check with Krawl Offroad before buying the kit. My plan is to go with 33s or 35 when the time comes, no bigger. No rock crawling down here in FL!

·
Super Moderator
22,075 Posts
I have had both spacer lifts (AEV 2" which is a complete kit and includes extended shock mounts and swaybar links and will lift an honest 2" and also a 1" synergy spacer up front that leveled it out and lifted it 1")and teraflex 1.5" performance coil lift there is no comparison as far as on and off road handling. the teraflex performance kit wins hands down. I got under 2" up front and less then an 1" in back but I also had 17/60 stock springs so that would make a difference. If you can afford it go with the springs unless down the road you are going to go bigger then 33's which fit great with the tf 1.5" kit

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Good call on puck level kit, I did mine when first purchased, never loosens all bolts, just jacked it up disc. Sway bars remove lower shock mount remove brake line bracket shove axel down pull out spring and isolator, install puck, put it back together and move to other side. 14000 miles like this, never touched track bar or LCA bolts.

Since have added 10a springs and bolt kit as well as Rancho LCA drop brackets since had flighty steering with 10a springs. But with heavy bumpers, teraflex puck kit and 10a springs I am at 2.75" of lift.

View attachment 691057

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks good what size tires are those?

One more question, would it not be better to go with a budget boost kit instead? It does come with bump stops which are recommended by Teraflex for use with 33s plus additional items.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts