Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin' at a 3 in. suspension lift. I have a RC 1.25 bl already and Allen says I should go with the 4.25 Zone Combo kit and sell off my RC 1.25. My Tj is my dd, but I do some light offroad on the weekends. Mostly fields/mud/logging trails. I'm not worried about having so much flex cus I'm not really going over large rocks or things like that. I've got about a grand to play around with, but the lower the cost the better. :thumb:

I understand that I really don't need an SYE at 3 in of suspension lift, but I'm not a big fan of T-Case drops. So if it comes down to it, I'll get an SYE. I want quick discos, nitro shocks, and a mml in the kit as well.

With all that said, what do you individually recommend? :confused:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just 33s.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
For 33's a nice way to go and it allows you to avoid the cost of a sye and new shaft is the 2.5in sl and 1-1.25in bl combo. the mml and bl should elimnate any chance of vibes from the 2.5in sl. ajust your bumpstops acordingly and away you go.

Edit: OME is a great way to go but not the cheapest. You get what you pay for in this case

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
If your TJ is a daily driver, than OME is the way to go.

RC is a ride rough, and you will end up spending much more than the advertised price to complete the kit.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So OME or Rubi Express is what I should be leanin' towards, I'm cool with that. If its within a price range, Im gonna go ahead and get a SYE at the same time. Do I have to get a drive shaft or can I run the stock drive shaft with the SYE if it's too expensive for the combo SYE n shaft?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You can't run your stock shaft with an SYE. SYE stand for slip-yoke eliminator. Your stock drive shaft connects to the slip-yoke on the transfer case, thus when you eliminate said slip-yoke you need a new drive shaft.

What is a CV shaft and why do I want one? - JeepForum.com

You'll also need adjustable rear upper and lower control arms to properly set things up after installing the SYE so plan for those if they don't come with whatever "kit" you end up buying.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
geiman said:
You can't run your stock shaft with an SYE. SYE stand for slip-yoke eliminator. Your stock drive shaft connects to the slip-yoke on the transfer case, thus when you eliminate said slip-yoke you need a new drive shaft.

What is a CV shaft and why do I want one? - JeepForum.com

You'll also need adjustable rear upper and lower control arms to properly set things up after installing the SYE so plan for those if they don't come with whatever "kit" you end up buying.
Thank y'all. I think I'm sticking with the 3 in suspension for now in hopes of not needing the sye with my bl and mml

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Thank y'all. I think I'm sticking with the 3 in suspension for now in hopes of not needing the sye with my bl and mml
Just be prepared to drop the t-case a bit (or do something else) in case your mml isn't enough to counter the increased angles brought forth from your 3" lift. If you were only lifting 2"-2.5" I'd say your chances of not having any vibes would be better with only a mml.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Just be prepared to drop the t-case a bit (or do something else) in case your mml isn't enough to counter the increased angles brought forth from your 3" lift. If you were only lifting 2"-2.5" I'd say your chances of not having any vibes would be better with only a mml.
^ This ^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts