Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my orifice tube but I keep reading mixed about which years have an integrated orifice tube in the liquid line and which have a separate tube inserted in the line just after the condenser. Currently my liquid line has a built in tube but it's not the original line (long story) so I'm not sure what to expect when I order a replacement online.

The ones I've seen online are typically for years 2000-2002 so I'd imagine they have the built in tube, can anyone confirm?

ForumRunner_20170718_062955.jpg

·
Registered
787 Posts
UAC HA 111548C A/C Refrigerant Liquid Hose
got this from Amazon and it worked fine on my 2000. why are your replacing yours, leak? if you replace it, you will want to replace the accumulator also. if your a/c is working with this line, just get another like it. if a/c ain't working, you may want to take it to the a/c shop.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said long story but here's the summarized version

My original one was damaged many years ago by a fire and replaced by a shop, AC never was quite right after. I had another shop look at it a few years back and still couldn't get it. Recently had someone else take a look and it turns out one of the previous shops had inserted a 2nd orifice tube at the condenser output thinking it was an 03-06 style tube. This shop caught it, removed the 2nd tube but never replaced the line, they only cleaned it. I'm looking to replace the line with tube and the drier as well. AC is working better now but I don't think it's 100%

Just to confirm, that UAC line did have a built in orifice? That was the exact part number I was looking at purchasing

·
Registered
787 Posts
don't know about the orifice, all I know is I replaced my line with this one with a new drier and a new condenser (old one had leak) my a/c works fine. I think it is what you need also. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts