Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited which I plan on doing a little off road driving with but still use as a day to day vehicle. I'd like to be able to do various trails some of which lockers are strongly suggested for. I've been looking at the ARB Air Lockers as they seem a good choice for reliability when I need them and yet able to maintain the current 4 wheel options when I don't. Please any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think you will find ARB's to be at the top end of lockers and an excellent choice.

The other selectable would be an OX(I have read good things, but I have no experience) and the Eaton E-Locker's which have a new design and are also pretty well regarded. I'm sure there are a few other selectable's out there, but those are the big 3 I believe.

If I had no lockers I would sway hard towards ARB and know I made a sound decision.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've got ox and like it. I like the different options for engaging them (I've got air), the drive away lock is great as insurance, and for air actuation, it's simpler than the arb, and in the event of an issue, the whole carrier doesn't have to be broken down like it does in an arb.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also have OX and agree the big difference is when something goes wrong. The OX is a much easier fix should the need ever arise. And hey, you get a diff cover out of the deal as well...if that isn't a reason to buy a locker what is?!

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks to the two guys with OX lockers. I've liked their actuation since I first discovered them, yet haven't seen them mentioned much on the forums. So it's good to see happy OX customers.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Ran arb's f/r with no issue, key with ARB is install, make sure who ever installs does them all the time and will few issues coming back to the shop.

·
Registered
133 Posts
just installed new style 4 pinion eatons. Dont know how they function yet.... look well built and i didnt want the extra expense of air yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts