Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put these wheels on someone gave me, but there isn't a whole lot of engagement with the standard acorn lug nuts. I'm guessing I need to get short mag or regular mag lug nuts for these. Does anyone happen to know which style lugnuts I should be using with these wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Same as any other stock wheel.... maybe someone put short lugs in

·
Registered
507 Posts
The nuts should be fine, the problem is that going from steel to aluminum rims often requires changing the lugs for longer ones.
The lugs should extend as far out of the aluminum wheels as they did on the steel wheels.
Use a standard open ended lug nut to check, there should be at least 1/4 inch or 5 threads showing when the the lug is tight.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Yeah. Those take the same factory nuts with the angled seat as factory steel wheels.

Post up a pic of how much thread you have. It needs a minimum of the diameter of the stud in engagement length.(1/2") Preferably more

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the spare I have the open end lugs and the studs come almost to the end, so it's probably not as bad as it seems. I'll swap them with a couple closed ones on the axles and see if it's same.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
It doesn't look like it in your pic, but do you have wheel spacers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts