Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 wrangler and each time I buy something I am ask, "which model do I have". The option are Sahara, SE or Sport. How can I find out which model I have? What are the differences?
Thanks,
wedge

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have a 2000 wrangler and each time I buy something I am ask, "which model do I have". The option are Sahara, SE or Sport. How can I find out which model I have? What are the differences?
Thanks,
wedge
Just ahead of the front door there should be a decal identifying the model.
It will say Sport, or Sahara.
Do you have a side profile shot you can post?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
If it has the 2.5L or 2.4L four cylinder engine, it's the SE.

If it has the 4.0L six cylinder engine and it doesn't say Sahara on the side, and its fender flares are unpainted black, you have a Sport.

If it has the 4.0L six cylinder engine, it has a Sahara decal on the side, green and tan two-tone seats, carpeting that goes all the way up to the bottoms of the door jambs, and the fender flares are painted the color of the body, you have a Sahara.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It must be an SE because I have the 2.5 4 cyl engine.
There are no decals of any kind on the side panels.
I also have the black unpainted fender flares and the carpet has been removed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It probably is an SE I've never saw an A 4 cylinder SE with any decals on the side. My new body is an SE and it has no model decals but it has a build sheet right next to the drivers seat.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
It must be an SE because I have the 2.5 4 cyl engine.
There are no decals of any kind on the side panels.
I also have the black unpainted fender flares and the carpet has been removed.
Yep you have the SE. My salute to you and your PH, I just saw it after getting on my main computer. RVN veteran here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts